Monday, December 3, 2012

My Way or No Way

"If you had met me for lunch after meeting the counselor, I would have given you money."

This is what the husband told me tonight when I asked for money to pay for the kids school, extra-curricular activities, and MEDICINE!

I don't know that there is a word that describes the level of anger I felt at that moment. How can someone that claims to love their kids and desires to do what is in their best interest not be willing to financially support their children?!??

The husband said to me that he is just doing what his attorney advises him to do. Yet, he was willing to go against the attorney if I had gone to lunch with him. But, he's not willing to go against his attorney's advice to do what's right and take care of his kids.

Yet, I'm the one who is not looking out for their best interest because I don't allow him to see the kids on his terms. Meaning, I won't let him leave with the kids (because we do not have any type of legal agreement stating that he must bring them home to me).

But, I have several text messages that I sent to him saying he can see the kids whenever he would like, as often as he would like. However, he hasn't put forth the effort to see them.

His excuse? I won't let him see them like he wants to.

Dude, you used and sold cocaine! You slept with at least 5 women in as many years as we were married... One of which had your baby!

No, I DO NOT trust you to care for our kids! You've never cared for them on your own before. Actually, you've never spent much more than a half hour at a time with them!

So, if he wants to continue on this path of "my way or no way" that's his problem. NOT MINE!

I refuse to continue to let him bully me into doing/saying/feeling things differently than what I want. I am over it!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment